Pineapple Upside Down Cake
1/4 C of Butter
1 C Brown Sugar, packed
1 Can (20oz) Pineapple slices
1 Jar (6oz) Maraschino Cherries
1 Box of Yellow cake mix
oil & eggs as cake mix calls for
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Using the oven, melt butter in 9x13 inch pan.
- Sprinkle brown sugar evenly over the melted butter.
- Arrange pineapple slices on the brown sugar (save the juice!)
- Place a cherry inside and around each pineapple slice.
- Press pineapple and cherries into the brown sugar mixture.
- Add enough water to the pineapple juice to make 1 cup.
- Prepare cake mix as directed on the box substituting the pineapple juice mixture for the water.
- Gently pour batter over the pineapples and cherries, making sure not to disturb.
- Bake 42-48 minutes in glass pan at 350* (44-53 minutes for dark pan)
- Remove from oven when toothpick comes out clean.
- Immediately run a knife around edge of pan to loosen.
- Place your serving dish on top of the 9x13, and quickly flip over.
- Leave the 9x13 in place until cake falls and topping drizzles over cake.
- Cool for 30 minutes then serve warm or cool.
- Store covered in fridge - if any is left...